Saturday, February 6, 2016

Most Important Invention


The Internet is definitely the most important invention of our age. It has completely revolutionized the way people interact with the world and the expectations that people have with international communication. Business meetings can now be held online via video chat instead of having to fly hundreds of miles away.  The internet also enables us to have instant access to information which has been both a blessing and a curse. It has been a blessing because it allows us to have information at our finger tips but has also been a curse because people have less reliance on their memory retention because they know that they can always access the information on google via thousands of websites. As a millennial, I have spent most of my life in the internet age so I don't really know about life without it. I called my parents on the phone and asked them several questions about life outside the internet age. They told me that it has been a slow progression often times one where they are unable to see the changes, but when reflecting on how far we have come, they say that it was completely unpredictable and never could they have thought that we would have iPhones like we do today. I look forward to learning about how patents are going to continue to shape how the internet evolves. I believe that the internet will continue to exponentially grow, and I hope to be working in the tech industry and be a part of the massive expansion of opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment